View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #61
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

I tried some of the suggestions by Versuz2 for sliders, and I'm seeing a whole new game than before. The biggest change is playing on Heisman. That really put me on Pause, because of past years CPU cheating on this level, but the game is totally different with his suggestions, granted had to lower tackle rating to 35 instead of 75 to really see animations come to life.

As far as my testing about the 0 awareness in dynasty play, it will take a day or two more because I want to see what happens (esp with new sliders) on the field in actual gameplay vs simming. What I have noticed is this:

There is a greater increase to QB OVR by increasing Throw Power and/or Throw Accuracy while increased AWR increases little compared to the past. Dev's need to clarify how they have defined AWR within the new programming.

Throw PWR affects sacks because it determines how fast his throwing motion/release will be during pass, that's why many QB recruits have 70'ish Throw PWR and few come in in the 90's. It determines how fast/distance the ball will travel as well as the speed of his throwing motion to prevent sacks. I believe this is their way of dealing with the Robo-QB issue from last year.

Also, the main issue I see with the low OVR/AWR issue is that folks fail to distinguish between athletic abilities and understanding of the game/playbook at the college level. Fr have no understanding of the game and new playbook that's presented before them. Sure some/few, are able to get by on athletic ability and simplified playbooks, but eventually defensive schemes will negate that ability if he doesn't grow in understanding the game. So Fr having low AWR is right in line with what is real life. We being asking for "Realistic", now it seems like folks would rather go back to more arcade style because it doesn't make sense to us.

There is a hidden potential rating that we can't see (which every college coach gambles on being right at), but I guess folks will be aking for this rating to be seen real soon, taking away an aspect of being a coach in the game.

Lastly, I don't know how folks can become such experts in such a short time frame (7-10 days) that we can say "this or that" is broken and needs to be fixed/patched. There will never be a perfect sports game because there are so many interpretations about what is "Realistic" and I'm still tweaking and adjusting to what "I" think is realistic after 7 days. So to see a statement that Progression is broke after only 7 days, just blows my mind.

I would say try Versuz2 suggestions as a foundation and tweak from there. I believe you'll find the game fun/challenging contrary to the issues your having with low AWR and Progression.

Oh well, good luck in waiting for a Progression fix. I doubt they change anything after being "Shanked" a thousand times about this issue being at the other end of the spectrum last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove