View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #63
Fntsyfbgod
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

Everyone has their own opinion and everyone has a way they want it. The only real solution would be dynasty sliders for recruit calibers and progressions.

Personally I think overall the recruits are only about 5 pts lower than what they should be.

Using this scale heres where I think recruits should fall for the most part.
90s-studs most of the guys who get drafted on the first day
80s-low 80s are your solid players at high majors while high 80s are borderline pro prospects. Low 80s are elite at smaller schools.
70s-range from your solid starters at 2-3 star schools to young players at top schools
60s-Range from projects at 2-3 star schools to starters at small schools.

5 stars for the most part should not be starter quality as freshman. At most big schools freshman rarely start but at 3 star schools they often do.
I think 5 stars should be in the 70s with the occasional 80.

4 stars rarely start as freshman even at 3 star schools. They can make an impact as sophmores and crack the rotation as freshman.
So mid-low 70s sounds about right.

3 stars never start as freshman except for the rare 1:40 hidden gem or when a team is desperate. Usually they make an impact after a couple seasons.
60s to an occasional low 70 seems about right.

If you want to argue progression fine. I havent seen enought to see how the rosters end up. But to me the recruits are only around 5 pts too low and I cant gripe too much over 5 pts.

To me the biggest problem is the lower rated schools players dont progress as much so they are hopeless. And alot of people like to use the smaller schools.