View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Sven Draconian
Rookie

OVR: 9
Thoughts on the CPU Passing Game

To this point, I have sliders that I like for the HUM run game, pass game and are solid for the CPU run game (playing on Heisman level). I'm getting great player differential based on ratings and I'm getting pretty realistic play from the lines (again, based on differences in ratings).

My issue is with the CPU pass game. With HUM coverage on 50 and CPU QBA at 65 I get abused in the pass game by poor QBs (to the tune of 70% comp). This is playing as Utah State (and some other awful teams), so I do expect good stats, but I don't see the differential.

However, when I drop the slider for QBA, the CPU gets neutered and every drive they have stalls out.

The other options are playing around with CPU catch, but I have a similar issue. Once it gets too low, the computer becomes ineffective on offense because they drop wide open passes. I want them to drop passes when they get hit so the over the middle drag route game becomes a bit less effective, but dropping the WR catching they drop the open, deeper passes that they need to be effective.

The pass blocking/pass rush game is pretty decent. With CPU pass block at 0 and HUM pass rush at 70 I get realistic pressure (maybe a touch much). If I drop it lower the pass rush gets a bit low, if I rasie it I lose any difference in player ratings (and my guys turn into ROBO lineman).

And, I have too many turnovers (in general). Especially fumbles (with HUM tackling at 50, hit power at 50). Changing either of those ratings will further enhance the computers ability to throw drag routes all over the place.

Cliff notes:
I think 65 QBA is a "magic" number for good QB decisions.
I can't get proper WR drops (I can get good numbers, but poor timing).

Basically, I want to combat poor AI decisions (mainly their desire to run ineffective plays...), without making Robo QB appear. Thoughts/opinions/research is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove