View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
wraith
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to fix the ratings for 2012

i posted this in the impression thread this was my solution.i wanna talk about progression a little. there are some programs that aren't good at recruiting but develop talent.(boise *, Tcu, Uconn) there are some that can recruit but the talent dissapoints. (recent florida state, recent michigan, recent georgia) then there are some programs who can do both well. (Texas, Florida, Oklahoma).
Progression should be made off these factors: play time, production, and coaching staff. Coaches should have recruiting ratings, Development ratings, and the coaching rating. Also bring in assistant coaches with the same thing.
Head coaches should have 2 development rankings 1 for their area of expertise and another for overall the overall team.
For example Butch Davis rating - recruiting A, Development B+, Coaching C+not an x&o's guy. Area of expertise defense/dl.
Another Ex. Charlie Weis - recruiting A, development C, doaching B+. even though his overall development is a C his area of expertise is the quaterback/offense so that positon still will develop well. so on and so forth with positional coaches. since notre dames defense was average while weis was there the positonal coaches that are responsible for defense should have a development rating reflects the production.

though that shouldn't be the end all be all even if development rating is a c if this is someone that got good play time/production they should still progress well. there are some good players on bad offense/defenses.

also positional coaches should be able to take up to 2 positions. for ex DEF. coordinator/ D-line, Wr/Te. they also can be promoted/ demoted. hired be another team or i could take another teams guy if i want.

last but not least the amount they increase +10 rare (most common in 1* & 2*but will happen for 3*, 4* guys) increase that are over 10 will not happen twice in their careers. the higher the overall the lower the % of progression majority off the time.(not the case for superstars)
also these large increases should happen after their freshman or sophmore years. majority of the time they make the biggest strides rarely the jr's or sr's. tim tebow didnt really improve much from his jr to sr year there are guys like brian orakpo and chris long who put it all together sr year but overall progression is more-so in the younger guys.
north carolina de robert quinn freshman year 34 tackles 6.5 tfl 2 sacks (limited pt) based of production lets say 80 overall
his sophmore year 52 tackles 19 tfl 11 sacks now based off production 90 overall
So his offseason training must've put him up atleast + 10
also look at reggie bush sophmore year he was pretty good about 87 - 91 overall
his jr year heisman winner he's atleast a 97 overall at the minimum he progressed 6-10 points