Old 07-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
Gosens6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Shutting down the "progression is fine" arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
The system doesn't simulate life, not even close. Half of all of the teams now are as bad or worse than FCS schools, how in the world does that simulate life? The bad teams are too bad and there hardly any middle of the road teams, it becomes a mess of mediocre and terrible teams, with a few good teams sprinkled on top.
For a minute though, ignore the default rosters.

EA stretched their ratings in Dynasty mode, yet for some reason didn't do it with the default rosters. I think 5-6 years in is the ratings we were meant to have with this game. People aren't understanding this because the default ratings are so high out of the box.

People think it's broken because their 1 and 2* recruits aren't progressing into the 80's and 90's, or that their team has an A across the board in every category. This does sometimes happen IRL though, see below.

One thing I can agree with you on though is that a lot of the times IRL bad schools can produce 2 or 3 good NFL draft prospects, and that doesn't happen enough. I don't know how EA can fix this part, maybe add some gems to the recruit class, because if this continues we won't see any players in our Madden draft class for lower ranked schools.
Advertisements - Register to remove