View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
BlastX21
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anyone had any success at all with Play Action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
So I notice sometimes in your playbook certain plays can be "Set Up"

I'm starting to think this means the user is being set up by being lead to believe these plays will in any way catch the nano blitzing CPU off guard. I can run a dozen iso plays out of the I-Normal, but the second I try to run play action, the CPU knows and I can barely get passing icons up before I get sacked.

I have three possibly hypotheses for this problem:

1. They know what play you are calling, despite the fact that you have mixed it up from that formation.

2. They react to the ball way too quickly, so blitzers looking at the QB never even flinch at the play fake and just keep coming straight into your QB every play.

3. Offensive line play is noticeably worse on play action plays in an effort to curb how effective they are.

On 09, I could at least have some moderate success with play action. I could physically see guys biting on the play fake and at least being somewhat out of position for the first few seconds of a play. Now when the CPU sees a play fake it's a "last one standing over the QB is a rotten egg" mentality. I remember way back in the PS2 days play action was termed "sack action" because the CPU never ever bit on the play fake and it seems we are back to that again. The unreal reaction to the ball by CPU defenders on things like bubble screens or HB screens or even toss plays is disgusting. I don't mind the CPU playing good defense by scheming to stop the run and force me to pass, but nano blitzing your safety every single time I call a play action play from the I formation is a little bit much.

I feel a lot like I've married someone I just met, and upon getting to know them I'm not at all liking what I see.
All three of these are the problem.