View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #14
dalecooper
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Any idea at all as to when patch #2 will be here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
1. Mirroring WR routes (as well as curl routes being impossible to do)
2. Super jumps by linebackers and defensive linemen (as well as linebackers being effective in coverage of the slot WR)
3. The amount of stupid run blocking moves by blockers (ignoring people, chip blocks at the LOS that do absolutely nothing)

And every tackle of my players seems to end up in me pressing the A button, and the defender's arms tackling me by my player's feet, every. single. time.
1 - Yes this is annoying, but it's probably a core element of the game and hard for them to do anything about, unless they just back off the DB awareness in general. In playing offline I've discovered that a pass coverage slider of 35 (in AA) makes a world of difference, and the reactions to routes are much more realistic, relatively speaking. Try it if you can. It seems to me like 35 should be the new 50 on that slider, if they're going to patch it. Of course programming better and more plausible AI for the defensive backs would be the best option, but I really doubt they're going to do that this year since it's apparently not in the game to begin with.

2 - Also annoying but man, that has been a Madden and NCAA staple for almost as long as I can remember. It certainly happened a ton in the PS2 days. At least it's fairly easy to deal with - just make sure you have a passing lane or back off a step and throw with a little more touch.

3 - Haven't had that problem enough to be bothered by it. Actually I think the run blocking is better and smarter than usual. They do miss an obvious block at times but so do real players occasionally, and I don't see it often enough to get too mad.

4 - no idea what you mean by that, but it's not affecting me. I get tackled all kinds of ways. By the feet, not that much.