View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #53
footballdude1971
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
If the God awful transistion animations, warping and terrible announcing wasn't stopping me then how the H E double hockey sticks would the strategy pad stop me. Much more worse things in Madden that the SP.
Agreed...the demo pretty much was the giant nail in the coffin for me. The game is boring, non engaging, repetitive, unresponsive (the guy I'm controlling on defense still doesn't jump when I hit the triangle button), not exciting, and the stuff they added this year (e.g. the headset coaching advice) is really dumb. Not just dumb...but REALLY dumb. I got sick of listening to it halfway through the first game and found myself looking around and trying to figure out how to turn it off. Why EA wastes their time on that kind of stuff boggles my mind.

At no period while I was playing the demo did I feel any sense of excitement or did I see a "wow" moment...and I found myself asking myself why the heck I was even playing the game....it's that boring. And don't even get me started on the commentary. Yuk. I think Madden has officially bottomed out as a franchise.