Amoo316
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
LOL, I agree with ya Motown....

You guys need to understand something people say the NFL is fast, but I think College football is just as fast, my opinion.

Keep reading this over and over again
The minimum threshold slider adjusts the speed of the fastest and the slowest players. If you put the slider lower, it makes the fast players faster and the slow players slower. If you put the slider higher, it makes the fast players slower and the slow players faster. It basically changes the speed difference of the players.

Now Lets get to Threshold, first and for most I play on Normal speed because I think the game feels and play the best at normal. Now Threshold I have set to zero for two reasons. One- it feels just right and Two- is the most realistic IMO.

I can see where guys have there threshold below 50, that's cool with me, because it makes the game better. Now I have tried Threshold hold at many different levels even the settings over 50. Now the game just doesn't play right with threshold over 50, again my opinion.

This is coming from lost of testing, at 65 I had CB and Safeties sating with my 95 and faster receivers, now that just not real for me nor cool. I want to beat the slower CB and SS and I want my 93 speed RB beating the 82 speed LB and Vice Verse for the AI doing it to me. That's real to me, College football is a wide open game and that's how it is played every week. The fact that guys using 65 is just not real to me, 65 will now make those slower players now keep up with your faster players much easier and Vice Verse to me is unrealistic. I want my fast players stay true to there speed and I want the AI's fast players staying true to there speed. This will then just make the game better for me, cause now it forces me to doubble a guy or play back on my Defense with my safeties and CB's against those fast receivers, it just makes you pick plays better and understand the game better.

Just think of my theory and try to understand why ZERO is the best.
I completely respect what you are saying and I felt the same way about it when I read it "out of the box". First thing I did was set that puppy to 0 and go to town. Then when I started playing I had to sit back and ask myself this question.

If I had a WR run a Streak with a 94 speed and a corner covering him with a 5 yard head start and an 88 speed, considering the same acceleration, how many yards would there be between the two by the time the QB had to throw the ball, let's say 4 seconds?

With the speed setting at 0 the result in game does not give a realistic result when you compare it side by side to the actual math involved. WR probably runs a 4.34 CB a 4.42 maybe in that scenario. How much separation do you really think there is going to be?

This result gets further exploited when you're talking about the underneath passing game. Even if I have a LB with a 81 spd (I recruit Coverage LBs since I run the nickle mostly), that would still give that linebacker a 40 time in the neighborhood of 4.6 I'm assuming.

You are right about the game in real life being very fast, but with a speed threshold of 0 it magnifies the difference. I realize the sliders are numbered 0 to 100, but when you consider that EA's baseline for sliders is 50 and 50 is their "0", that really means you are taking their default setting for speed difference and moving that slider to -50.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey