Old 08-04-2010, 05:35 AM   #39
JerzeyReign
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
You basically just answered your own question on Varsity level you don't need threshold at 0 because the player speed seperation isn't that big of a problem on Varsity...it's probably the MOST REALISTIC SEPERATION in the game already out of the box because player speed is captured in a more realistic manner.

That is why 0 speed threshold would work best on Heisman because you don't already have that realistic seperation out of the box on that level.

The reason why the games opened up for you when you went from 35 threshold down to 0 is because all you did was widen the gap more than you needed for player speed seperation on this level.

It was no coincedence your scores jumped up so high once the threshold was reduced down because it IMPACTED player pursuit ratings aswell....You see there are ratings that are effected by each slider in this game and threshold effects player pursuit ratings more than any other slider. That is something no one seems to mention because I don't think many people realize that every Player has a Pursuit rating in the game assigned to them by EA...

Player Pursuit is the ability of the defender to pursue the ball......It is a rating that has been in the game since it arriveg on Next Gen. The only reason I know this because I've spent years tweaking player pursuit ratings from NCAA 07 up to now and I see how it makes the defenders react to the ball.

The reason why NCAA 09 was bad out the box and most people complained about the player pursuit within the game is because EA made the speration factor way too high and to top it off their player pursuit ratings were way too low that year.

That issue in 09 could have been fixed simply by increasing the player pursuit ratings to better combat the seperation on the field that the offensive players were getting. Now in NCAA 11 IMO when you lower threshold back down to 0 your asking for wide open gameplay.

The sliders me and DereckfromOS created were never meant to be played with 0 threshold that is why my "RBA SLIDER" is close to the speed threshold I'm using.....I've mentioned this a few times already in my slider thread that "RBA SLIDER" counters threshold on offense and Pursuit/Player Speed takes a hit on defense.

This my created version of Chuck Muncie for Cal Bears on my Alumni file....Muncie has only 80 speed rating in the game.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/27899631

This is with Speed Threshold at 25 and RBA at 45....that gives him about 4 yard advantage over that DL who was chasing him at about 65 speed in the game. You can clearly see Muncie was never threatend to be caught from behind by the slower DL even though Muncie only has 80 speed. The level itself as stated earlier already renders the best speed seperation amngst players.

You and I have the same thought process. I've mentioned it in my sliders thread that all sliders effect something else. You probably are aware of sliders that must be tweaked "two at a time", for instance QB Accuracy and WR catch. They are connected to each other. Alot of these guys with their 'research' are failing to mention that and I never understand why. If I had time (which I should have shortly) I'd love for some of the known slider makers to get together and write an article together and share our theories with the rest of the world. The forum I normally roam and OS are partners so that would be a great 'bonding' experience. Especially since your on the Varsity end of the spectrum and I'm on the Heisman side.