View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Backbreaker Greathouse (Patch version) Impressions

Really like what this patch did for the game.

The new playbooks and replay views add alot to the game.

I just played Lions vs Bills (me) on medium and saw a few things I hadn't seen before.

Fred Jackson fumbled twice on me.

Matthew Stafford went 16-27 for 176 yrds and 1 pick.

Had a play where the cpu tried to throw it over the middle and my dline batted it down.

The oline really does play better and gives you more time to scan the field. The rbs don't go down from teammate contact as easily as they did before.

As far as cpu AI goes, I saw a great play and and terrible play.

The great play: 3rd and goal inside my 10 yrd line. I decide to go with a dime formation/zone defense to cover the pass. The cpu does run a pass, Stafford can't find anyone open, rolls to the left to buy time and then tucks and runs instead of forcing it. I tackle him inside the 1 yard line.

The terrible play. Im up buy 1 point with 6 seconds to play. The cpu has the ball on its own 30 yard line on 3rd and 2. The cpu elects to run a draw to pick the first down and then calls a time out to stop the clock with 2 seconds to play.

2 other gameplay changes to mke. The fast qb release is really nice, however I found if I didn't flick straight up on the stick the wrs would change at the last minute as I was passing. I had 2 passes picked off because the wr changed this way.

On defense, having to press a button to make a pick or swat a pass adds alot. Much more fun than just trying to get a defender in position and letting the cpu make the play for you.

Overall, the game still has its share of flaws but the patching did what the developers said it would and it has improved the game imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove