View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #8
J_Posse
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Wilt Chamberlain better than Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Without reading that article, I can say that Wilt dominated that era/season as MJ did more recently .. but MJ was the better player as his game was more efficient, complete and beautifull ... he was the direct/main cause on the Bulls winning records/titles.
The part in bold is a a ridiculous reach. Chamberlain was a complete basketball player. You can argue that he was selfish, and their are many stories verifying that opinion, but Chamberlain could do everything and anything on a basketball court. He is the Babe Ruth of basketball and really only two players are comparable to him in the history of the NBA (Jordan & Abdul-Jabbar), IMO. People complain that he didn't win enough or didn't put winning over putting up statistics, but Russell almost always played with better teammates. It isn't a coincidence that Wilt played on two of the greatest NBA championships teams ever in Philadelphia and Los Angeles.

I respect Bill Simmons opinion on the NBA, but he's still a life-long Celtics fan. Which leads me to believe that he'd never put a Laker as no. 1 on any list.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-05-2010 at 08:37 PM.