View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
mr_president
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 11 Q&A With Ian Cummings (Examiner)

Quote:
5. GameFlow on the defensive side of the ball. Let's say I have an opponent who has decided to be tricky and put a WR in at HB/TE or a HB/TE in at WR to throw off how GameFlow reads the offensive huddle. Is there going to be any way to account for this or will this simply be a way for the offense to pull someone completely out of their GameFlow playcalling?

Ian: Remember, GameFlow is built for quicker and simpler Madden experience. The situation you describe above is what I’d expect to see from an advanced Madden gamer that is possibly trying to cheese you or the game (i.e. a WR at HB is an attempt to create a major mismatch). If you are playing a very advanced Madden gamer that is trying to exploit you, I can’t imagine that you’d want to delegate all your playcalling duties away...you’re going to want to try and make more manual adjustments with formation subs and pre-play adjustments to combat him.

didn't really answer this question

Quote:
6. Everyone appears to be very pleased with Locomotion gameplay in the Madden 11 demo. It's like a little throwback to the feel of the old PS2 days and everyone loves that. But it also seems like gang tackling is different. Did Locomotion have an effect on the Pro-Tak logic or is Pro-Tak gone altogether?
Quote:

Ian: We are very happy with the feel of locomotion as well. The two actually aren’t related really…and Pro-Tak is still very much active.
i would really really like to hear more about this, especially the gangtackling.