Mos1ted
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
The controls will be ideal for me if:

- They make the ability to walk, jog, and sprint 100% pressure sensitive to the left stick. No context animations. No triggers. Also make the transition from walk to jog to sprint and back gradual and smooth; also have to where a player can't stop on a dime from a sprint and his momentum carries him forward extra steps.

- Bring back the defensive crouch button. Also let me play the ball handler to a particular side similar to what they had in 2K9. Part of player a good ball handler is to try to force him to his weak hand or force him to go the side where your help defense is.

- (Like mentioned a few posts before mine) Bring back the post up button. Allow users to post up ANYWHERE including the perimeter a la Mark Jackson (while still enforcing the 5 sec back to the basket rule of course). Also allow offensive players to back down defensive players. Get rid of that "deadlock" animation where the players just wouldn't move. At least show some resistance for both players if you want to emulate a weaker player attempting to back down a stronger player.

- Bring back the ability to fake pass. I MISS THIS.

- Give me the ability to determine the speed and trajectory of my passes. Make passes pressure sensitive like the Maximum Passing feature in the football games. Tap to throw overhead lob passes; hold to throw chest passes or passes into tight spaces and closing windows. Let passers over lead their recipients (to cause unforced turnovers) or throw the ball well ahead of a teammate initiate fast breaks.

- By 1:1 dribbling controls, I hope they mean the ability to determine WHICH hand a player dribbles with. They already have Offhand Ball Security Ratings in the game. Let's actually make it count this year!
My wishes just keep getting granting more and more with each insight!! And I love the Gamestyle feature. I haven't seen this in a basketball game since the NBA Lives on the 1990s. Like someone already mentioned, I just hope this option is available online. I haven't played an NBA 2K game online consistently since 2K8.