Old 08-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
TheShizNo1
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Eastern Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlyzero
I started my dynasty as Eastern Michigan because they were the lowest ranked team in the game and I wanted the challenge.
Well, I went 0-12 my first year. The default roster for EMU was absolutely pathetic. The cupboard was very bare for this team.
I to was having a hard time settling on an offensive scheme. Nothing seemed to work and none of the receivers could catch the ball. So many frustrating drops. I decided on the option run for the last half of the season and was able to keep a few games close.
QB Devontae Payne had decent enough speed and acceleration to run the option and with RB Dwayne Priest being the best offensive player on the team I stopped attempting to pass it and just ran the ball the rest of the year.

The next year I was able to bring in a few 3 star prospects and a handful of 2 star prospects that started for me immediately. It also helped that I moved WR Kinsman Thomas to cornerback because I was still running the option and needed more help on defense. He became my #1 starting CB and helped bolster my secondary. I went 4-8 my second year.

My third and final year saw more improvement as I continued to bring in the types of players I wanted through recruiting. I stayed with the option and was ranked in the top 25 in rushing that year. I was pretty pleased with that stat given with what I had started with in year one. My defense started playing a lot tougher led by senior linebacker DeMaster and I went 6-6. I would have gotten a bowl bid but in the very last game of the year Georgia Tech came from behind by 20 points with 3 minutes left and beat me. My strength of schedule was a C minus so Kent St. got the bowl bid instead and I was fired. I was pissed. Given the marked improvement to the team. I had this team obviously moving in the right direction.

I took the job with lowly Buffalo who were coming off of a 1-11 season. I just finished my first season with them running the spread offense and finished 8-5 with a bowl loss to Wake Forest. The best part though was that I played EMU during the regular season and destroyed them 37-6. They finished with only 3 wins on the year. They shouldn't have let me go, but I love coaching for Buffalo now.

I love this game.
Nice story man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya