View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
Cryofax
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Too many slider sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
Cool..Thanks. But, I mean really...How many different playing styles could one have on NCAA? You run, you pass, you play defense. I have a different idea as to why there are so many slider sets and it has nothing to do with styles of play. There is no reason why there should be so many sets that have the computer AI at different settings. It seems that it could be narrowed down to at least 3 by now.

Anyways....Thanks to the guys that actually shared which sliders they use. As I asked.
It was a two part question. I answered part 1 "why so many sets?". People saying "use this set" without some reasoning aren't helping. For instance "this set is great if you prefer a lot of passing and have trouble running" etc etc.

Perhaps "style" isn't the right word, but the point is people have varying abilities, as well as preferences. The slider sets I see here vary wildly.

I use my own set http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html which gives the CPU some teeth. But I've seen harder sets. It's geared toward my own strengths and weakness (good runner, average passer, bend but don't break style defense) plus testing with an online dynasty for the last few weeks. As with all the sets here, you might love it, you might hate it. You might be 10x better than me and find it too easy or dislike how the CPU can light you up if you're not a careful defender.