View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
Cryofax
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Speed threshold, CPU pass D and CPU running game

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
The speed threshold is something I haven't touched yet, and was wondering if someone could explain to me how exactly it works, what the effect is on difficulty and realism, and how to implement it properly.
From my understanding it adjusts how much the speed difference in players is emphasized. Lower meaning more, higher less. So in my case I use a speed threshold of 25, which means that speedy back can (and should) outrun the slower lineman etc. That said though this seems to be a very controversial subject here as you'll see guys who claim a higher rating is more realistic.

Quote:
Second.. the CPU passing D. Man coverage on this game is tight. Crazy tight. But since I put the CPU pass coverage to 40, I don't see CPU defenders run routes before my guys do. That being said I think the passing game is too easy now. Thoughts on where the CPU pass D coverage should be?
I keep mine at 35. I'm a pretty average skill passer though so it works for me. I also extend the CPU the courtesy of my pass defense being at 35 and he carves me up sometimes.

Quote:
Third.. and I think paramount to a competitive game vs the CPU... CPU run blocking. In 2009 and 2008 I had this setting to 100. I'm considering doing it again. Nothing makes the CPU offense less effective in this game for me than a flat running game. Thoughts? Where do you have your pass defense slider to?
I completely agree. The CPU needs help here and without it he is way too easy to shut down. I keep mine at CPU RB Ability 55, CPU Run Blocking 75, Human Run defense 45. The CPU seems to average 3-6 ypg and is a real threat. If you're not vigilant he can bust big runs on you (setting his ability to 55 is going to increase his broken tackles, jukes etc).