View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #47
SoulAssassin
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
I realize there are going to be variations because we have different people doing different teams, and I also realize that these variations may not even matter that much because a point here or a point there in a player's overall rating probably won't matter that much...

But I kind of think you may have underrated this team:

Leinart... 1st team AA, Heisman winner... Only a 90.
Reggie Bush... 1st team AA, generally very highly regarded... Only a 92.

Other 1st team AAs:
DE Shaun Cody, LB Matt Grootegoed, DT Mike Patterson and LB Lofa Tatupu...

None of them over 94.

I don't know... I think maybe this team could use a little bump up in some spots. After all, this team gets thrown into the conversation when you talk about the all time greatest teams in college football history.

This is not a criticism, just a suggestion.
Actually, I had some players rated higher and then bumped them down after thinking I might've had them over rated. I didn't want to appear too bias.. lol.. even though I'm not a USC guy.

Please share some insight on some of these guys... and how much higher you believe they should go. I'll make an update to the ratings asap. Patterson (i under rated him far too much), Leinart, and Bush will get a bump for sure.

I tried to focus the strength of the team around the lines on both sides of the ball, and the great front seven on their defense that year because thats how I remembered them from watching their games... but I don't think I gave Leinart and Bush enough credit.. lol.

Thanks in advance.

I should have Aaron Rodgers and '04 Cal ready this afternoon.

Last edited by SoulAssassin; 08-11-2010 at 12:42 PM.