View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #51
Playmakers
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
I realize there are going to be variations because we have different people doing different teams, and I also realize that these variations may not even matter that much because a point here or a point there in a player's overall rating probably won't matter that much...

But I kind of think you may have underrated this team:

Leinart... 1st team AA, Heisman winner... Only a 90.
Reggie Bush... 1st team AA, generally very highly regarded... Only a 92.

Other 1st team AAs:
DE Shaun Cody, LB Matt Grootegoed, DT Mike Patterson and LB Lofa Tatupu...

None of them over 94.

I don't know... I think maybe this team could use a little bump up in some spots. After all, this team gets thrown into the conversation when you talk about the all time greatest teams in college football history.

This is not a criticism, just a suggestion.
Doug Flutie at his best with full Madden Ratings applied to NCAA 11 is barely a 93 overall

Jeff George at his best with full Madden Ratings is only a 91....

This isn't a criticism but I just feel too many people stress way too much over a players overall when his tendencies should be the most important aspect on the field not his overall rating.

The reason why so many teams on TB is jacked up IMO is because it appears lots of guys seem to compete with each in creating the highest rated players overall and not many of them focuses on strenght's and weaknesses anymore.

There are RB's who turned into Kick Returners on some of the teams I saw being rated a 95 overall which is laughable....Michael Wiley a 90+ are you serious

I've seen QB's who didn't even sniff a down of NFL ball rated 99 overall and I have guys like Flutie, George or Jeff Cook in the low 90's...even though I know those guys were better than some of the QB's i see on TB i just can't allow myself to jack up their ratings as if they were Unitas or Elway type QB's who'm I consider ELITE HOF QB's deserving of 95+ overall

I like that this thread was created to help more people try to atleast create teams in a realistic manner.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-12-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove