View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #10
Scarface-93
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 11 Custom Sliders by NYGiants4Natic

Wow, these Sliders are pretty good. I like what i saw in the first game i played:
Saints (Me) vs. Bengals (CPU)
I played on Very Slow, Threshold was at 50 first, but i changed it to 60 during the third quarter because i was seeing too many big plays.
I played on 7min a quarter, 20sec runoff.
Heres what i got:

I won the toss, received and got a bad return to the 18yard line. Then the first play of the game, i broke off a 40 yard rush with Pierre Thomas. I first thought: Oh my god, the run game is far too easy but i was proved wrong because the 40yarder was the only run over 20 yrds in that game. I finished the drive with a 1 yard td by Reggie Bush. Then the Bengals got the ball and in one of their first plays Cedric Benson broke off a 43 yard TD.

The second quarter was all mine, i outscored them with 21 to nothing.
First a 12 Yard TD Pass to Marques Colston and after i was able to stop the bengals on 3rd down i broke off 2 back to back Punt Return Touchdowns with Reggie Bush. The first was a 89yd return, and after i was stopped on 3rd down i got a very very lucky bounce on the punt, with the ball bouncing out of bounds at the 1 yard line. I was able to stop them in their own territory on that drive, returning the following punt for 52 yards into the endzone.

In the third quarter, the only score was a td pass to R. Kelly for the bengals.

Then in the 4th quarter, i really got the feeling that the CPU cheated on my.
I was up 28 to 14 at the begin of the 4th quarter and the bengals threw a 14 yard TD, where my Safety was basicly standing 5 yards away from the WR and was doing nothing.
The following Kickoff Return, Reggie Bush fumbled the ball and the Bengals returned that fumble for a TD.
So after 1 minute in the 4th quarter, the Bengals tied the game after being behind by 14 only 1 minute ago.
I wasnt able to score on the next drive and the Bengals scored on their following drive with a 2yd run T by B.Scott. But the Bengals iker Rayner showed bad nerves and after converting the previous XP luckily by bouncing it off the bar, he missed the XP.
So i had about 4 minutes left on the clock to score a touchdown. And i did so with a Pass to Colston with 1:17 min left. I nailed the extra point so i was up by 1 and the Bengals would get the ball.
After i got a Sack on the first play, the Bengals went No Huddle and caught me on a terrible Mismatch. I dont know why but my Nr. 1 Cornerback Greer ran toward the middle of the field after Ochocinco beat him after the snap. So Chad was wide open, Carson fired a rocket, Chad caught the pass, broke the next tackle but luckily he would step out of bounds during that move. So the Bengals had a new set of down at my 49 yard line. The first play, i was able to force Palmer to throw it away. Then he completed a pass to Ochocinco for 2 yards. With 3rd and 8, Palmer completed a 4yard pass and they faced 4th and 4. I was able to get to Palmer but he was able to release the ball but luckily it was inaccurate, fell to the ground and i got a turnover on downs with 35sec left. I took some knee because they had 2 time outs left and ended up winning 35 to 34.
Definitly one of the best matches ive had in Madden history.
The stats are not bad, the numbers, especially on my team are a lil bit off, because i returned 2 punt returns, so i was in the defense most of the time.
Here are some numbers:
Brees: 85,7, 14 out of 26, 182yds, 2TD, 1 Int
Palmer: 109,4, 15 out of 26, 210yds, 2 TD

I like those sliders, but they need a few tweaks. I increased the sliders the same way "DallasRocks" did, but i still get too many long runs.
Benson ended up with 129 yards on 15 attempts, that an avg of 8,5 and Thomas ended with 71 yards on 11 attempts, thats 6,4 avg.
I like the passing, even though i think passes to the RB or FB are a lil bit overpowered.
Also Robert Meachem was targeted 7 times, four times he dropped the ball, twice without a single Defender within 5 yards. I have two play some other games to be able to tell if its because of the sliders or because of the player, but Meachem has a solid 83 catch rating.

Nonetheless a good slider base.