View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #218
Phobia
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
So I bought this game after the patch and I'm sure I read there was going to be a few new camera angles but can't see them.

I am trying to like the game and would appreciate it someone could give me tips how to but there's a couple huge problems in my view.

- Terrible camera: If this game had a higher, more fixed camera like almost all NFL have had, it would be 10 times better
How are you supposed to run when the camera rotates to what you're looking at?
- Unresponsive controls: Definitely not 1:1 response. I press tackle, half a second later my guy animates. Even the iPhone version was quicker.
1) There is only one camera view. What you heard is they added different camera views for the replay system.

2) The game is excellent in the camera view it has. The game has a steep learning curve. So expect to spend a couple weeks learning the game and all the little things about it such ***

3) Camera you can look up field by pulling LT if you are running towards the sideline.

4) On toss and sweep plays, DON'T hold the left stick towards the sideline like left or right. INSTEAD hold straight up on the left stick and he will pull along the play designed route.

5)I don't know what you mean about the unresponsiveness. I don't have this issue. It is even more responsive now than it was pre-patch. I think you are learning the weight of the players maybe.

6) It is not a simple pick up and play like most EA/2k football games. So don't expect to be excellent at the game off the start. You will have to learn how to play it.

Just ask Teambayern. He just got it the other day and me and him played two games last night online. He just got it and is doing pretty good. I beat him game one and he beat me game two. So the rematch tie break will be coming up soon enough