View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Homerunhittas
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: My Approach to Gameplanning, Player Use, Playcall, Scheme

Scheme (my favorite part and I believe will be the most helpful to you as far as expanding your thought process as far as playcalling and setting up plays is concerned)

This list contains 10 different methods for both defense and offense as far as the type of play and transitioning to another play or using that play to setup the next play because of the difference or similarity of the plays.

Defense
1.Man Coverage to Zone Coverage
2.Zone Coverage to Man Coverage
3.Blitz to No Blitz
4.No Blitz to Blitz
5.Repeat Same Play (because effective/worked very well)
6.Same type of play disguised in a different formation Example: Man Blitz in a 3-4 to a Man Blitz in the Nickel
7.Man Blitz to Zone Blitz
8.Zone Blitz to Man Blitz
9.Man Coverage to a different type of Man Coverage or Zone Coverage to a different kind of Zone Coverage Examples:Man Coverage to Man Zone or Cover 2 to Cover 3
10.Man Blitz to a different kind of Man Blitz or Zone Blitz to a different kind of Zone Blitz Examples:Blitz inside to a Blitz outside or overload to regular blitz inside or outside

Offense
1****n to Pass
2.Pass to Run
3****n Outside to Run Inside
4****n Inside to Run Outside
5.Repeast the Same Play (because effective/worked very well)
6.Same type of play disguised in a different formation
7.Pass Short to Pass Deep
8.Pass Deep to Pass Short
9.Special Type of Run Examplesraw, Counter, FB or QB Run, Option if not an option team) to a Regular Run Examples:Inside or Outside Handoff, Pitch, or Option if if you're an option team) or Regular Run to a Special Type of Run
10.Special Type of Pass Examples:Playaction, Option Pass, HB Pass, Flea Flicker, Screen) to a Regular Pass Examples:Standard Pass, Shotgun Pass, Quick Pass) or Regular Pass to a Special Pass

Scheme Use by Qtr used for both defense and offense
1st Qtr-7 and 9
2nd Qtr-4,6, and 10
3rd Qtr-1,5, and 8
4th Qtr-2 and 3
Advertisements - Register to remove