View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #20
Bgamer90
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: So why does everyone do the opposite of real life and differ on the opening kicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
I think the question should be: "Why does everyone do the opposite of Madden and differ in real life?"

To answer the question, I don't know why everyone else does, as I can't speak for them. However, my reasoning for doing it is pretty simple. The last thing I want is risk giving my opponent two straight possessions. Especially if he is down by 10 points. Because if he kicks a FG at the end of the 1st half, then he can get the ball back with a chance to tie without ever letting me touch the ball inbetween those two scores. Conversely, if in the same situation, he kicks a FG, but I differed, I get the ball back, then if I score a TD it then becomes a 14 point game and since I'm good at holding leads, the fat lady my as well start clearing her vocal cords at that point. On the other end of the spectrum, it lets you, if you happen to be down by two possessions, to then score two times and tie or take the lead, without letting your opponent touch the pigskin.
Yep this is why I always kick if I win the coin toss.