Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
OkieTC
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Season Showdown??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttech10
Yea it's annoying. They need to completely change how it goes. Passing shouldn't be negative if:

It's 3rd and long.
It's an occasional short pass between runs.
It's not until midway through the 3rd.
You have your backup out there.
EDIT: Another thing... If they're going to give you negative sportsmanship points for passing they should give you positive points for running. Got -50 for a short pass, 0 for running. Finally got 80 whenever I took a knee.

I think I've gotten like -250 from trying to pass on a 3rd and 20. But if you run and get nowhere you got Kirk calling you a terrible coach for running instead of passing.

There's times I'll just take the three and out then punt because I don't want negative points. If I really want to pass on a team (usually if their CB is outmatched and I want to boost WR/QB stats) and I lose a significant amount of sportsmanship points I'll just milk the system for extra Sportsmanship points the next game where I'm ahead by a lot early.
Thats what I used to do. But now I just completely ignore SS. If I want to throw, then I throw. I run more with a lead, but sometimes the defense has 9 guys at the line of scrimmage, keying on the run, so I audible to a pass. Its like they know I have to run, so they key on it. Screw them!
Advertisements - Register to remove