View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
EonBlue
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ***Elway7's "Coach Mode" Sliders***

I have been trying to develop coach mode slide with little success (and little opportunity to work on it). I ran through a game last night and here are the results. I used a mix of gameplan and conventional playcalling.

18 NYJ (CPU) vs. Den (Me) 17

The Jets had 6 FGs but never really sustained a drive and never ran the ball effectively. The Jets tried to go deep several times, always into double coverage.

NYJ - Sanchez 15/24, 179yds, 0 ints
S. Greene 25 carries 39 years, 0 fum, long 8 yds
Thomlinson 3 carries 17 years
Cotchery 4 catches 56

Den - Orton 16/30 152 yds, 1 TD, 3 int (all by linebackers)
K. Moreno 14 carries, 42 yds, 1 TD, 0 fumbles, long 12 yds (7 car, 0 yds in first half)
Gaffney 5 catches, 71 yds
Royal 3 catches , 28 yds

I liked the passing game. The Jets put a lot of pressure on Orton and all of the interception were a result of that pressure. Although, I think we can tweak the slider to help minimize the multiple deep passes. The CPU running game needs to be adjusted a bit as the Jets should be able to run the ball more effectively. I was happy with Denver's running game (and the Jets Def).

At halftime, I adjusted the runoff to 20 sec, because with 12 min quarter and 25 sec runoff, you will not get enough plays. I might 12 min, 20 runoff for an entire game.

Overall, its a great starting point. I am definitely going to run a couple of games to test.

Thanks