View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
JimPaek
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love the demo, but things that need fixing.
- I don't like the .5-1 second delay of a window that pops up when you want to change lines.
- Still seems to be the problem of players now changing lines and staying out on the ice way too long.
- Hitting is still a little too easy to lineup, but maybe that's because I was using more physical players. I did like how sometimes lighter players would bounce off checks or simply get knocked down.

Things I love that they changed:
- Physics. As mentioned, players now have weight. I like the realistic feel of the demo, but feel that most people will increase the game speed.
- Passing. Another wrench thrown into the one-timer glitch goal system, and I love it. Passes don't start till you release the trigger, so it takes into account how hard you want to pass.
- The Faceoff system has potential to be awesome once successfully mastered.
- Penalties. I charged someone into the boards, and got a 5 minute major for boarding. I deserved it, and I was glad to see it called. Probably worthy of a suspension too. Slashing also getting a quick call too.

Have seen quite a few broken sticks, maybe one a game (3rd period), so I guess that's somewhat realistic.

Overall impressed with the gameplay and I'm interested to see how it translates to online games / BAP. But I'm way more intrigued by the features this year. A rare win / win in sports video games.