View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Has EA's pro football experience peaked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Block,

For someone like me, I think Madden is as good as it's gonig to get on this generation of systems. There are some things that must be rebuilt, and I doubt that's going to happen until the game has to be prepared for those systems.

I have 3 problems with this feature:

1. EA analyzed some data that told them the average gamer was only using a few plays. IMO, having the CPU pick plays for you was not the answer. Improving the playbook, play calling mechanics & AI were.

2. EA also wanted to make games quicker with this feature. Well, if I have to spend a half hour or more setting up the gameplan, there's no time saved. And worst, the half hour spent gameplanning is all gameplanning, no playing, going completely against what they were trying to accomplish.

3. The feature needs a lot of work. Defensively, it's not analyzing personnel correctly. And it's pulling plays from a bunch of pre-packaged schemes. Offensively, it's not accounting for some situations, making the CPU look stupid at times. EA has proven to be very slow improving new features, and there's a lot of work to do. IMO, Madden's "engines" are maxed out and Game Flow / Game Planning will be lacking until other areas of the game are drastically improved.
I agree with all three. I knew going in that setting up my own game plan wouldn't save any time playing the game.

Hopefully, they can build on it further.

I know on Sundays teams have about 35 plays to choose from.(not counting the different formations)

Also, they did do the offensive game planning correct, but I disagree a bit with the yardages.