View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #50
DrewBledsoe
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
Like I said in a previous post, Matt Ryan had a crazy game against me but then had average games the two after that. I chalked the one random game up to "any given Sunday".

I agree with Cable, I've messed with Very Slow and Slow with these and they seemed alright. The only slider you might have to adjust a bit would be the defensive recognition sliders.
Speed setting surely must just change the speed of every player, in a uniform fashion. I can't believe it does anything else. In fact there is no possible way it does anything but the aforementioned, the programming involved would be ludicrous and completely uneccesary/illogical. The only random therefore, is the player skill, to adjust to a faster or slower overall game. Folks who are making different slider settings, for diferent game speeds, I'm afraid are kidding themselves. Yes the threshold matters, but the gamespeed is just player skill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Drew,

Should have listened to you.. lol

15 min quarters work so much better. Its like if you lower the clock the CPU gets a boast to score quicker and in the end they play better than they should.

Started Falcon franchise on 15 min quarters and 2 games in excellent results and stats

Game 1
Typical Steelers D gets them out of tight spot

Falcons 17 - 23 Steelers

Key stats
Big Ben 16/29 276 INT
Mendenhall 20 for 110 2TD
Turner 20 for 110 1 TD

Ryan had a mare so could not convert the 5 turn overs I got. 37 QB Rating

Total Plays = 129

Game 2

Cardinals 10 - 44 Falcons

Key Stats

Poor cardinals ran into the burner.

Turner 30 for 153 3TD
Wells 19 for 82
Ryan 13/28 239 2TD
Anderson 19/39 INT

(tip stop using hit stick so much on D, it aint like it used to be lol)

Total Plays = 133

I know this is about sliders and again great work, but just something that happened which was very funny. I punted too far and it was heading for a touchback, I ran my CB after it and just before it crossed the line i jumped with the CB for a laugh to catch it and he batted it backwards 2 yrds so it stopped on the 3yrd line.
Glad you're enjoying the game still I REALLY wish the Punt coverage guys would do that themselves though....