View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
showmedabounce
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Real NFL stats to check your sliders against

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
Music to my ears my man. Like you I am a major stats guy. I need realistic stats or I stop playing.

In the process of producing my own sliders, and converting to speed threshold 100 (I was previously a 0 guy in M10!) was the best thing I ever did.

As for broken tackle 0 - it baffles me how anyone can pick any other number for this rating. I make broken tackles at 0 as my base line from which all other sliders are then worked off. Even on 0 it still happens a bit too often.

Glad to see someone else on the same wavelength. Thanks for this thread - hopefully less people will stop complaining about things like lack of sacks once they realise the average team only gets 2 per game.
No prob.

Re: 100 speed threshold, I am thinking EA made 100 the "realistic" setting and then took it down to a 50 for default so the game would be more arcade-like and fun for the casual gamer. Same for the broken tackle slider. By putting ST 100 and BT 0 you have eliminated basically the all the big plays and now can focus on making the game play realistic in other areas.

Re: lack of sacks, I think the complaints are coming from lack of pressure, period. Pass rush/pass block definitely need to be tweaked...just not to as much of an extreme as we all thought. Also- many people are complaining about how the QB gets the throw off just before getting sacked. I can see why people would get pissed off by this on the default settings where pressure is hard to come by, so if you do get pressure you want that sack. But once sliders are tweaked so there's more pressure, I can to a certain degree appreciate the CPU QB getting the ball out a split second before; at least he's showing some awareness. Esp. since they never just throw the ball away.