Money99
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 2K11 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Not from me, but a member at 2ksports.com:

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showpost.ph...611&postcount=1

Quote:
So, after roughly one hour of play here our my first impressions.

I.Controls:
(a) Wii MotionPlus
First, for me, it took me a while to get used to all of the controls and, to be honest, I still don't understand all of them. I've been playing 2k hockey on the 360 and xbox for so long that I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to feel completely comfortable with the wand and nunchuck. The tutorial was extremely helpful for a novice like me. I spent a good five minutes doing the juggling the puck thing and trying out all sorts of crazy moves.
The on area I did find a little troublesome was in taking a quick wrister/snap shot. You have to hold the "B" button and swing left, but when I did this almost every time my guy would do a little stutter before taking his shot. My son pointed out to me that I was ever so slightly bringing the wand to the right then swinging it to left and sure enough, when I just swung left it worked beautifully. It's just a natural reaction for me to bring the stick back just a hair before shooting.
Slapshots were a breeze to do. To say these were very responsive would be an understatement. The skater completely mimicked my movement.
Dekeing, both in open-ice and in shooting, is something I'm going to have to work on. The few attempts I was able to succesfully pull off looked awesome. But, more times than not, I just ended up losing control of the puck.

(b) Pro Classic Controller
Now this is a little more my style. I should pick up on these controls much faster than I will the Wii MotionPlus controls. These are also very responsive. I'm still fumbling through which button does what (I'm using Pro Stick 2.0) but the ones I have figured out are very cool.

II. Gameplay
(a) Just a few observations
1. Players feel great. They have momentum and weight behind them. Plus, there doesn't appear to be any more sliding waaaay out of position. They look and feel much better than the NHL 11 demo, that's how good it is.
2. Presentation appears to be EXACTLY the same as last year. No noticeable changes in commentary at all. 2k10.1.1
3. Players and surroundings look fantastic (just like last year). I was very impressed for a Wii game.
4. Speed burst needs to be brought back. THis halfway with the stick thing isn't getting it done. I'm always pressing all the ways up on the stick.
5. A.I. players still don't understand how to clear the zone on an offside. They continue to forecheck on a delayed offside. I was hoping this would have been fixed, but apparently not.
6. I played a couple of Classic games (Fenway is gorgeous!) and they put Thomas in net. I'm hoping that;s just for the Classic as he was the starter and that Thomas is not listed as Boston's starter overall. I have to go in and check the team rosters to see who is where.

Anyways, all in all, this looks and plays like the best sports title I've played on the Wii to date.
I got mine from Amazon so I'm hoping it'll be in by tomorrow or Thursday.
Advertisements - Register to remove