View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
spit_bubble
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Ways I think NCAA 11 can be improved upon

Coaching carousel in Dynasty Mode
In the Dynasty Mode main menu there are two sections: 1. Coach Philosophy (under the Team Management section), and 2. Coach Positions (under the Dynasty Setup section). It would be good to have these two sections merged into one, so that coaching philosophies were actually tied to their respective coaches rather than the school. This way you'd get teams actually changing the way they play and recruit when a new coach comes in.

A few other ideas related to this:

-Give coaches random names, but allow people to edit them if they wanted.
-When a school hires a coach that hasn't had a head coaching position before, give that coach a random coaching philosophy.

With these things implemented you'd have a coaching carousel of sorts, that would add some variety to Dynasty Mode.

edit: Actually, I just checked the Dynasty I am running with 6 different teams... And when I let a coach get fired the new coach that came in had a different coaching philosophy, so it appears a coaching carousel of sorts is already in place. Though I still think merging the two sections mentioned above might be for the better.

Add a Coach Mode option to the team selection screen
Across all modes it'd be nice to have the option to switch to coach mode at the team selection screen, a mode where you just call the plays and let the AI carry it out. Giving this mode a new camera angle, a "Broadcast" angle from the side and up high like you were a coordinator in the booth, would give it a sense of realism.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 08-29-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: amend