Old 08-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
goalieump413
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA needs to sell 2 versions of this game next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Online Dynasty is already a separate mode though. OD has Dynasty Wire, but does not have the ability for conference invites and coaching changes like offline dynasty. I'm not exactly sure what you mean with "full experience" for offline when it already has the "full experience" with the features currently in the game. if they added in-season progression back in, it'll be for both online and offline most likely. likely the same for custom playbooks. not sure why you think those are can't be in ODs.

and no to charging for features to use in OD when they are free in offline dynasty.
But if they did all this, rebuilding the dynasty model to have in-season progression, etc, the amount of data to and from the servers would risk jamming up and crashing. Unless, of course, they charged a premium for it (if you're reading this EA, just ignore me).

I'm no expert in server/client data streaming and bandwidth issues, but it's likely, given the statement EA issued today regarding Madden 11, that the number of users online playing has increased this year.

From the OS front page story...

“Madden NFL 11 is the number one selling game in August, and the game has created enormous enthusiasm in the online community,” said Peter Moore, president of EA SPORTS. “Each day on consoles, fans are playing as many games online as the equivalent of 750 full NFL seasons. Now on Facebook, Madden NFL Superstars will bring a whole new dimension and audience to the Madden NFL experience.”

I guess I should edit the title of the thread to read "EA needs to rebuild NCAA to allow 2 game experiences next year" or something like that.

And, yes, I know, it's a hassle to have to explain to your loyal following that you've once again changed this for the confusing.

What I'm really trying to say is that I don't like the trend of pruning the gameplay and game features so that online players' needs for smooth gameplay eliminate game features that make sense for everyone else.