Old 09-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #40
HAMMERhead7
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: A Carolina Panthers Dynasty: Blueprint for Greatness

Carolina heads to Heinz Field for Thursday Night matchup

Turd Furgeson
Roar Senior Writer

Pittsburgh, PA - The Panthers (10-4) head to Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers (8-6) on Thursday Night Football in a game forecasters say will be played in blizzard conditions.

Both teams are hot right now, with Carolina winning six in a row and the Steelers stringing four in a row. The interesting thing to watch will be up front, with Carolina's top ranked rush offense going up against the leagues top rush defense.

The Steelers, as usual are near the top of the league in defense, ranking 6th in the NFL in total yards allowed. They also don't give up many points, ranking 7th in points allowed with 268.

Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward, who doesn't seem to age, is putting together another magnificent season with 81 catches, 1,029 yards and nine touchdowns. Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble, who will line up against Ward for most of the game said of the veteran

"I may have more respect for Hines Ward than I do for any other receiver in the league. Not only is he hard to cover, but he's most dangerous when the ball isn't in his hands, the dude can block. I've seem him knock linebackers around like they're ragdolls. He's a great all around player"

The Panthers will get their leading tackler back this week when SS Charles Godfrey returns.

Injury Report

Panthers -
OLB J. Beason - Out five weeks - Broken Collarbone
MLB D. Connor - Out for season - Broken Collarbone

Steelers -
RT Max Starks - Out three weeks - Dislocated Hip
LT Willie Colo - Out for season - Complete Achilles Tear

Panthers at Steelers - 8:20 PM - NFL Network
Heinz Field