View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
bsurocksrule
Rookie

OVR: 3
Bsu's do's and don'ts for Head Coach 09

Here's some random Do's and Don'ts to try to help your coach be successful.

DOs:

Pick the Ally personallity. I've found that you'll get less contract options, and players will usually agree to whatever contracts you ask for. And you'll also have to pay less when bidding most of the time.

Choose a team with a lot of $$$$ in the salary cap unless you want your favorite team. It'll help you sign players now and in the future. The Falcons or the Titans are Good Choices for this option. The Dolphins can be a good choice to. they have $58M in salary money available.

Write down a shopping list and stick to it, no matter what. Take into consideration your team needs. If you are playing as a team that needs a QB, LT, and a DE, Look in the Free Agent roster and write down 3 players that best fit your needs. You can waste your money easily if you don't stick to a shopping list. Also take note of your Season Goals. They can determine whether or not you succeed. I played the Titans twice. I didn't take into consideration the season goals, and because of that, I failed miserably. However, I restarted with the Titans, used the Season goals, and because of that, I winded up in the playoffs.

Use skill points on your team's biggest needs. You get 50,000 skill points in the beginning to "give your coach an advantage". If you use the Dolphins, Use the skill points on Physical Development, and purchase OL Physical Development up to Level 3, or 4

Draft Josh Johnson in the first year draft. He will help you, PERIOD. It'll take 3-4 years for him to develop, but he will be very good after the development process.

Use The Draft Preview. I won't say anything else, just use it. It has some big sleeper picks.

Use the Jack English or the Alex Hurst Draft Class Path. Some Amazing, talented players, notably at QB.I prefer to stay away from Mike Zazzalli.

Always try to trade away players for first round draft picks after 2008. If you have an 80+ overall and young player, you can easily get him for a first rounder, DO IT. Don't trade him away for a second or third rounder unless you have to, always accept a 1st rounder for a player. It'll help you in the future to get better, younger players.

Don'ts:

Never call counter run plays. They never work. I've tried hopelessly numerous times to get them to work, but counter plays just never work. DELETE THEM FROM YOUR PLAYBOOK.

Don't waste your Individual workouts for Top players. chances are that that if Adam Schefter mentions them as big, huge players, they'll likely be drafted in the Top 10

Stay Away from Felix Jones He gets injured easily, and often. If he becomes a free Agent, don't bid on him.

I'll continue to upload this list if I feel I need to add some things.

Last edited by bsurocksrule; 10-09-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove