View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 04:19 AM   #6
The GIGGAS
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Been to a game? Post your experiences, stories, etc

I've been to many Virginia Tech games. Notables include last year's Alabama game (which was fun as hell, albeit Tech lost). I also went to the UNC game last year (which Tech also lost, and made me believe that I was poison for the team).

I remember my very first Tech game (at least if I'm remembering correctly). October 14, 1995, hosting the Zips from Akron, in a torrential downpour. Just awful, I remember the cheap poncho doing absolutely nothing, and water flowing in the stands. Tech beat the holy hell out of the Zips, 77-27. They ended the season beating Texas in the Sugar Bowl.

Also, clipped from the "Your Least Favorite Player on your Favorite Team?" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Mine is Grant Noel, QB for the Hokies in 2001. I can pinpoint the day I realized this:

October 27th, 2001. My dad and I are in the student section at Lane Stadium, and the Hokies are playing Syracuse. 4th quarter, the Hokies are backed up in their own territory, which happens to be the student section.

Grant Noel gets the snap and drops back. From here, most quarterbacks would try to get the ball out. Instead of doing this, Grant seemingly takes one look at the pass rush and falls down in the endzone, giving Syracuse 2 points late in a game the Hokies would lose, 22-14.

After the game, my father and I went to Long John Silver's to eat. I remember looking out the window, complaining with everything I had.
I mean, seriously, just falling down?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870