Old 09-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #32
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Give EA Some Credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
so let me get this straight...EA dished out tons of cash for an exclusive agreement, only to not devote resources to the project in order to get a return on its investment??

the games dev. is what it is because they don't have to do much in order to move units.

nba live/elite has lagged behind 2k, but that is not to say that they have not made big strides with their game. the effort shows with that game, the effort shown in madden is minimal at best.
All I'm saying is that it's a business and like any other business, there are budgets. If you continued to lose money with declining sales at a company, would you continue to pour more and more resources into your product with the hopes sales will pick up at some point? That's not a good reason to tell your investors and stockholders. It just isn't good business sense.

If EA dished out tons of resources for Madden after the license, it looks like that way didn't work.

In one year, Elite decides to transform their game and we give them an A for effort? I'd rather see the cash register results before I give them an attaboy.

I need to disagree with the minimal effort Madden has shown. In the past two years, the game has been geared more towards the hard core gamer compared to the 06-09 years. I don't think I need to give out examples as it's pretty evident.