View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
BleacherCreature
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: **mkharsh33 NHL 11 All-Star Sliders**

Liking most of what I see with these harsh!
Just played 3 games using random teams.
Lost 2-1 as Pitt to Columbus in OT. Shot block at the point led to a 2 on 1 for CBJ. First shot was a save but Nash was there to pounce on the rebound.
Lost 5-1 as Ott to Bos. This was 2-1 going into the 3rd and Boston just exploded. They got a goal in the first minute of the 3rd and I upped my pressure, changed my forecheck and increased my breakout attack. Got burned by that though. My only goal was by Alfredsson. Took a pass from behind the net and one timed it home for a PP goal. Right as I took the shot Chara knocked me down and Alfie celebrated with a fist pump while lying on his back. It looked cool.
Last game lost 5-3 as Tor to Fla.
Florida is tough. They can score, and they're fast. I gave up 3 goals in the first 4 minutes. Pulled Giguere and Gustafson made saves to keep me in the game. I got the score to 4-3 in the 3rd, but had the possible tying goal waived off for being touched with a high-stick.
Fla got an empty netter late and that was it.
As I said, like what I see. Had to turn penalties down one notch though as I was seeing entirely too many at max. Left CPU and teammate penalties maxed though.
One question concerns the pass speed/pass interception combo. Do you feel with pass speed as low as it is and intercepts maxed you see too many INT's? Seems that for both human and CPU if the puck is anywhere near the defender he knocks the puck down and takes it away.
Didn't someone figure out last year that the puck is a lot looser with the INT slider lower? The puck doesn't magnetize right to the defender's stick?
I'm gonna mess with this later and see what happens.
Also I think puck control should go up by 1 click. The superstars at 0 have trouble hanging on during a deke when it looks like they should be able to retain the puck.