Thread: Polls
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Andrews85
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Polls

It's not that much about conferences. In my latest PITT dynasty I was #6 (11-1) going into the last regular season week (I had a bye) and after advancing to the conference championship week I was #7, passed by Nevada (12-0). Then after advancing to the bowl weeks I was #8, passed by Ohio St. (11-1, Who didn't even play a game).

But that's not all, Alabama, Boise St., TCU and Nevada were all 12-0 and Nevada went from #7 to #4 after the conference week. Texas was #4, but they were passed by Nevada after winning the Big 12 conference game. #5 was PSU, they moved to #6. USC was #6 and they got pushed back to #7.

Nevada played absolutely no one all year and there conference prestige is not good. 9 out of the 12 teams they played had losing records. That situation is unacceptable. They ended up playing Ohio St. in the Sugar bowl and got killed 54-2.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert