View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
chia51
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Updated Coaching Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I am curious why you have Michigan at 50 for their run/pass ratio. Even with Forcier as qb last year they were more run oriented and with Robinson as the qb this year you would expect an even more run oriented offense. The 40 setting in the other thread seemed more accurate to me.

Mgoblue,

As clearly stated in my original post:
Quote:
- Run/Pass, this is used for simming numbers. I have noticed though that teams will try to keep to the ratio from the start of the game... and then the ratio changes depending on what is working/not working.
But yes I agree they are a more run orientated offense in attempts vs passing attempts. But for yardage they are pretty equal as shown below.

According to cfbstats.com in 2009 Michigan's total offensive stats:

Michigan
12 games
2234 Rushing Yards
2380 Passing Yards
823 Total Plays
4614 Total Yards
5.6 Yards Per Play
384.5 Yards Per Game

So 2234 Rushing Yards / 4614 Total Yards = 48% Rushing 52% Passing.

I am going to be changing the ratios every 3-4 weeks. As one game cannot be determined as an exact measurement of what will happen every week.

Again keep in mind that this ratio is good for simming purposes only as stated in the coaching philosophy section in the game. Actual in-game ratio changes throughout the game (I believe) and I also believe that this ratio is the start point at the beginning of the game.

The other ratios (oraeons) are based off of pass atts and rush atts to total plays. I believe this is a wrong ratio to have for simming (yardage wise) purposes. As when you change the ratios the only thing (hard evidence wise) that is clearly shown to change is the yardage totals for the teams after simming.

Last edited by chia51; 09-10-2010 at 03:55 PM.