View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #74
moemoe24
Rookie

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Thanks for clarifying, I didn't realize RTTS BP had influence on. It definately doesn't work in normal BP, there's no vibration confirmation and L/R influence on bunts doesn't work.

I still think L/R influence doesn't work on regular swings. If you tell a player to lift the ball in the air even if the pitch is low this computes. It wouldn't be easy but you can do it. However, if you tell a player to pull the ball even if your swing is late this doesn't compute. You say results are 100% logical but the only way this could work is if results are illogical.

If your swing is level then I can see where the CPU might give you the benefit of the doubt and send the ball to the left or right even though it should go straight. In any case hopefully the devs can clear things up.
This is exactly the reason swing influence should never be in a baseball sim. Like you said, You shouldn't be able to influence the ball one way or the other, timing of your swing should be the only influence you have. How can you swing early and still hit the ball to RF? That's not realistic. Nor is it realistic to make the ball be a grounder or fly ball. The balls path should only be determined by the pci.