View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
ChiTownKid
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Challenge System needs serious overhaul

Ugh.

If a computer makes a mistake, it's because of crappy programming. If it's programmed properly, then you get a proper result. "Garbage in, garbage out." It's not the CPU that's making the mistake. It's the people who programmed it. Why increase the likelihood of further error by creating some convoluted system that makes mistakes ON PURPOSE, but then makes MORE mistakes trying to CORRECT the mistakes that it NEVER SHOULD HAVE MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!??

And then: "I think you should step back and think a little more deeply, madden is a football game that simulates human behavior, including referees that make mistakes on calls."

My thought is plenty deep. Madden simulates the NFL. And, last time I checked, people get pretty pissed when the refs get calls wrong in the NFL. In fact, as time has gone on, more and more effort has gone into ELIMINATING referee mistakes on calls. Oh, but you want realism. Tell you what. Let's make a flight simulator for you to play where, when your plane crashes, your computer explodes. Then, you can spend realistic time plucking realistic shards of realistic glass from your realistic face.
Advertisements - Register to remove