View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #18
Gordy748
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Do players get better in franchise mode depending on how good of a season they ha

As someone who bought the Max Pack accelerator...

Yes they cost. Not much though.

Yes they improve your team, and immediately. Maximum progression on a team like the Seahawks will instantly make them more competitive. I simmed a couple of seasons initially and found the hawks could easily win 10 or 11 games. Without the accelerator (I simply forgot to apply it a couple times) they couldn't get more than 8 wins in a season. Medical staff boosts reduce injuries and injury time.

And finally, yes, they cheapen the game, in my opinion. Maximum progression staves off old age, you get 35 year old WRs who stay at their maximum without ever declining. In Mad10 I got a declining, aging Andre Johnson in free agency. One year at the Hawks and his decline is suddenly reversed! PLus it's pure cheese... Your eventual 92 OVR team isn't there because you put the right players together. It's like... I dunno, steroids or something. Sure you have a good few seasons but in the end, you feel you're only cheating yourself.