View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #5
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: To Redshirt Or Not To Redshirt.

I don't really see any problems in progression, per se, but I do have my system for determining who I'm going to redshirt.

I don't redshirt anyone who is likely to see significant playing time. I want to field the best team I can each season. That said, I take backups on a case by case basis.

Example: Last season I was fortunate enough to pull in the top two tackles in the class. They came in at an 81 and an 80, respectively. This made them the best tackles on my roster during training, but progression made them both #2 at their position.

Normally, I would not redshirt them as they're valuable backups, but being that they're such highly rated freshmen, I chose to redshirt them in order to have a good year's progression under their belt before they take over the starting bookends for a solid 4 years. It's just cool to know that once my current tackles graduate, I barely have to think about the position for 4 years.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove