View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
MEGATRON
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7
Megatron's Heisman Sliders

Megatron’s Heisman Sliders (ver. 1.1)

After months of patches, tuning packs, and testing, I have finally settled upon a set of sliders to start a dynasty with. Special thanks to Fistofrage whom I’ve worked closely with the last few weeks helping him develop his slider set.

These sliders are for players who are looking for challenging, realistic games, but are still a lot of fun to play. As for difficulty, I see these as being a step up from Heisman default. They’re similar to the sliders put together by Fistofrage, but these open up the offense a little and give you a fighting chance against good teams. Also with these sliders, it is less likely that you will get owned by a much weaker team.

I will be starting a season with a new team tomorrow, and I will report back all statistics in an effort to provide you with a good indication of what you can expect to see in games with these sliders. I've already done some testing by playing several games with Kentucky, but these are still a work in progress. After the first season is over, further tweaking of the sliders may be required. Feel free to plug and play with this set, and provide feedback.

House Rules:
1. Use GT: Romancaesar rosters.
2. No run commit.
3. Use aggressive defensive line play.
4. Call FG Return when the CPU goes for extra long FGs.
5. No User Catching
6. On defense, play as the DT, and do not switch. No exceptions.

Gameplay Options
Skill: Heisman
Recruiting: Heisman
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 45

Penalties
Offsides: 85
False Start: 85
Holding: 55
Facemask: 55
Offensive Pass Interference: 55
Defensive Pass Interference: 55
KR/PR Interference: 85
Clipping: 55
Intentional Grounding: 75
Roughing the Passer: 60
Roughing the Kicker: 60

User Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 55
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 45
Pass Coverage: 55
Pass Rush: 50
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 40
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 15
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 10
Kickoff Power: 25

CPU Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 70
Pass Coverage: 50
Pass Rush: 60
Interceptions: 35
Rush Defense: 50
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 100
Kickoff Power: 40

Notes:
User pass coverage is set at 55 so that playing Zone can be effective. It also helps cut down on the CPU completion percentage and limits RoboQB as much as possible without neutering the offense.

Both the CPU and User rushing games are solid. And both CPU and User passing games are solid. You will still see WR drops, broken tackles, sacks, and pass deflections. I feel the offense is a little more open, but good defenses can still shut you down. You can put up some big numbers passing and running the football against lousy teams, but teams with good defense can and will put the clamps on you.

Good luck!

Last edited by MEGATRON; 12-03-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove