View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #35
Fngb3
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBartlett
Yeah scripted is probably the best way to describe some of the shots in Live10 - but it still felt fun and responsive. As far as the Association Mode vs. Live's GM mode, EA's team focused on rebuilding the framework of their game play it would seem. I actually had a conversation with Ian Cummings on this in Madden as well. You know, the studios took a gamble focusing on game play this year in Madden so much and they are aware that they ignore the dynasty/franchise mode.

It's a gamble the development team takes, and perhaps upper mangt. has influence here as well. It goes to show you that a 12 month dev. cycle is not enough to cover all the bases. When they release a game, typically they work on a few patches while beginning the new project. So it's easily less than 12 months.

So as a dev. team, you focus on goals you lay out. In the case of Elite, I am assuming it was revamping the physics and controls - a major major task. I still don't think it's complete! Even with the release of this title. So that's a problem. If they were to have another 4 months maybe, and release the game near the All-Star break, maybe we are looking at a better title - who knows.

NBA Live 10's dynasty was sad, though. All the incoming rookies had the same face...lol. Clearly something is going on in that studio that isn't good. They need help and direction...and more time.
Do you know if the limitations are more to do with man-power or something like syncopation. I mean to say, can they not improve on gameplay and franchise modes because they don't have enough people? Or is there some issue with upgrading both at the same time where they won't work together?

I'm just unaware of how game development works in that regard... I'm sure there's a reason they can't do both but I'm not sure exactly what it is...
Advertisements - Register to remove