View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #35
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Looking to pick up Madden on the ps2: 04, 05, or 06?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
I have Madden 05 and 06 on the PS2. I want to enjoy Madden 06 (I like new features in 06 such as vision cone/truck stick). The running game is also better. I have no problems on offense or defense.

The problem is the AI CPU Quarterbacks are awful. On All-Madden CPU becomes unrealistic with too many big plays in one game and breaking too many tackles so I play on All-Pro.

On All-Pro they don't complete enough passes and wait too long to pass. Even when a receiver was open on a slant for example the QB never throws it to him which results in a sack or stupid deep balls. They throw a lot of interceptions as well.

Also in Madden 06 the cornerbacks/safeties tip way too many balls. They jump like 6 feet in the air. Totally ignoring footplanting, body momentum, athleticism. Madden 05 does not have this issue.

In Madden 05 on All-Pro the gameplay is great. Both for the CPU and myself. The CPU quarterbacks makes quick decisive passes and most of the time they make the right read.

Do I have to change sliders in 06? I never touched it in 05 because the gameplay was solid. If yes, which ones? Quarterback accuracy?
Well, trial and error is the best way to go. Play on All-Pro. Play different match ups. Switch teams and play those match ups again. Note what the computer can and cannot do well consistently. Make changes accordingly. Make changes to user and computer abilities. I remember one thing I used to do was set computer pass blocking to 2 or 3 [or was it 20-30 on a 100 scale?] becasue until it was in the 2 or 3 range [2-30?] the computer would stone wall even elite user pass rushers.

Again, start on all-pro and make user/computer changes bit by bit until you find a set that give you a challenge with out cheating you. Also keep team talent in mind. If you are beating people up with the Bills or lions, you really ought to mess with the sliders until it is the other way around. if you can get to a point where user controled Lions feel like a chore to play with, but user controled Patriots or Colts could win any game, you have done a fine job and are ready for a franchise mode. That way, building a good team will be noticeable and entertaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove