View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #51
Revolution37
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

I can top just about everything here. This was actually a game from NCAA 09 or NCAA 10 0 so I may lost a little credit, but whatever, here it is. All times are estimates, just an FYI.

Playing online, I was WVU against Ohio State (I forget the guy's gamertag). Because I was WVU, with Pat White and Noel Divine, I switched the playbook to a Triple Option so that I could pound the ball. That was a great strategy and my team combined for over 500 yards on the ground between 4 ballcarriers. Unfortunately, my defense didn't show up and we gave up big plays just about every time out.

Every now and then, I'd catch his defense sleeping with a PA Pass (you know, back when Play Action worked >.>) and hit one of my receivers deep up the sideline.

I was down 38-45 with 1:39 to go. I drove down the field with my running attack and scored to tie it at 45 with about a minute left (in other words, way too much time). I kicked the ball off and he returned it to the 25 with 00:53 remaining. He got a couple of huge plays out of his offense and set up for a field goal from his left hash (right footed kicker). In my brilliance, I accidently called a punt return left, absolutely no hope to block the field goal, and I had no timeouts so I couldn't ice him and couldn't change to a FG block. I was thinking "whatever, I tried".

Anyone that has played online has experienced the little hitch/lag with the kick meter. So the guy lines up for the kick, fills his meter, and misses the target zone. He leaves the ball short up the goalpost by 4 yards. with Noel Divine back to return, he catches the ball just a mere 106 yards from paydirt. I kinda froze for a second like "did that really happen?". After pinching myself, I accepted that it was reality and I needed to haul ***. I got myself going right to catch the coverage team in their flow. At this point, I was just happy to have a chance at Overtime. Then, a WVU D-Lineman and a Linebacker cut across the field in the opposite direction. I turned to follow their blocks. They hit the up-man...the hit the CB playing gunner, leaving me alone to beat the punter. I DID IT! 106 yard missed FG return TD to WIN THE GAME! The greatness score was, no joke, like 4600 (that may have just been the greatness score for that one particular play...not sure).

If I can get pictures/video, I will upload them.
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove