View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Out of Bounds: A Call for Customization

After writing about how much of a bummer it is that no new college basketball game is being developed, I felt compelled to fire up my copy of College Hoops 2K8 and battle it out with my 2020-21 Indiana Hoosiers.

Fresh off a run to the Elite Eight, and stocked with returning upperclassmen and a harvest of talented newcomers, my team was ready to challenge for a third NCAA championship in 12 years. The undisputed vanguard of this group of future Hoosiers is Mark Whatley, a 6-foot-7 swing man with a sweet touch around the arc. Last year he averaged 22.8 points and 9.6 boards per game.

I tell you this knowing, full and well, that you could not care any less about players who have never existed and/or played on your television screen. That's fine and good. But I exaggerate not a bit in saying that Mark Whatley, with his penetrate-and-dish style and beautiful jumper, is just as real to me as the entire starting roster of the 2010-11 squad that will kick off their practices next month in Bloomington.

Read More - Out of Bounds: A Call for Customization
Advertisements - Register to remove