View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Steve_OS
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR The Game 2011 Interview (ESPN The Gamer)

Jon Robinson, over at ESPN The Gamer, has posted an interview with Ed Martin, Eutechnyx's Executive Vice President, as they talk about NASCAR The Game 2011.

Quote:
"If you go back in time, in 1994, Papyrus released 'NASCAR Racing,' the original NASCAR game & Papyrus was a developer," explains Ed Martin, Eutechnyx's Executive Vice President, North America as I get him on the phone to talk about his upcoming game. "The very first time the license went out, it was a developer doing it. The industry has obviously changed quite a bit since then, but giving the license to a developer really puts us in a unique situation. We just had the guys from NASCAR out at our studio in the UK, and it was really cool to have them in the midst of development working with the guys on the victory lane animation and working with the guy doing the fly-over sequence and working with the guy who is tweaking and tuning the A.I. for Dale Earnhardt Jr. so it actually drives and reacts like him.

"They really got excited about this because this isn't some big publisher using some anonymous external developer. We are out there with these guys. We are working with not only NASCAR, but the drivers and the R&D center and the engine builders and everyone is really excited about the fact that we are right there with them. Eutechnyx owns the license, we're developing the game, and it's a dynamic partnership with Activision. They've been great to work with."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove