View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #61
tj24
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: What do you dislike most about Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
What I dislike most is the coding of the game that makes it difficult to find a balance and challenge.

I've tried lots of different sliders, and the game always ends up being either too difficult or too easy.

It's very frustrating playing a game where ratings don't matter - I.E. I could have a 99 catch rated receiver who drops passes because the coding needs to artificially simulate a challenge. I have o-linemen with 90 ratings in pass blocking who get tossed aside like nothing by CPU controlled role players on the d-line.

Really, this is my biggest gripe. I can deal with the actual game flow (not to be confused with GameFlow) not being a 100% accurate representation of NFL football (even the BEST of the BEST sports games are still just that - video games - and have unrealistic, "video game" type occurrences)

But it is frustrating when there is no balance to be found in the difficulty sliders, because all the sliders do is tell the AI to either beat you on a play, or let you beat them. I have not found a setting or set of sliders that actually consider individual player ratings, strengths and weaknesses that allow the players on the field, and the matchups, to determine the game instead of a pre-determined outcome decided simply by how far to the left or right you have a slider.

I also hate that the on field play is also determined so greatly by animations - animations that really have no business happening. Like, for instance, smaller scat backs pushing and falling forward against 2 big beefy linebackers trying to push him back.
well you did all or moist of the typing for me. i can never find really good sliders. i shouldn't have to either. the game should come out of the case fairly realistic. not perfect, but not ridiculous. i do like this game, especially compared to madden 09 and 10, but the ps2 maddens were so much better(except for running).

i try to aim for realistic stats so that im not really in the top or bottom 10 in too many categories. the hardest stat to realisticly accomplish is sacking the cpu(for me anyway). i hit the hell out of him but he just releases the ball and it falls 2 feet in front of him for an incompletion. and the only way to get pressure is by overloading one side of the line. on 3rd and long i have to move my right end to the left side and blitz him(not sim football!)

and why so many duplicated ratings? i used to have the ratings mastered but now im unsure of the difference between elusiveness and agility. why is there pass blocking, pass block str and footwork? i had a rookie with 50 pass block but 90+ strength and footwork, so what does that mean??? argghh lol
Advertisements - Register to remove